Monday, November 1, 2010

Catching Up






One of the most interesting aspects of post-production editing, is going back and remembering the emotion and suspense from the day of the shoot. There are always great stories and exciting ideas. Photographing Carol has been such a rich experience. Her patience has rewarded me with some of my most interesting lighting efforts. Each portrait shoot is different, with each person bringing their own needs and concerns... but when you get a chance to shoot someone like Carol, you can just cut loose and get into the process. Time flies by and the light bends and shapes and caresses.

When going back to edit these images, I had to smile. For all of my efforts, so many of the shots failed for one reason or another. Then I would find one that just sang. What amuses me now, is that I knew it when I made the click. In almost every occurrence, I pulled the camera away from my eye to show Carol. She too, would smile and the next few frames would just rock! Back and forth, and in the blink of an eye our time was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment