Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moving On

This white/pink teabowl found a home this weekend.


This past weekend, the family collectively decided that if I am no longer making pots, selling pots or teaching pottery, then the family collection of pots needed some weeding through. So we sorted our collection, eventually removing over 70 pots from our shelves. Most of these are pots that I picked up from other potters as seconds, or they are some of my experiments... but I no longer need to live with them. Some of these pots have definitely been used, others have never seen food. Great pots for sure, but when you have too many, you have TOO MANY.

Is anyone interested in seeing these pots (or adopting them) before they are sent to the shard heap? Make me an offer before next weekend... March 26-27. After that, the shard pile gets dibs.

To give you an idea of what pots I am looking at getting rid of, here are a few images:



Heading home with Carol B.


GONE


I am surprised that no one has reached out to snag these teabowls. GONE


GONE


This tumbler was the first tumbler I ever made. I had housemates in Belchertown (yes, that was the real name of the town) who wanted something special for their weekly milkshake making. So I made a batch of these tumblers. They kept four of them, and I ended up with this one. The upshot is that this was the best of the lot!


If you want to see the whole lot, ask! Send me an email, post a comment. Let me know. Otherwise, I will assume that this collection has served its function and is ready to move on.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I have been checking to see what else you are going to show. Could you make something like a Picasa or Facebook album so folks could just look at them all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I could probably put that together sometime tomorrow afternoon, maybe. Thanks for the suggestion Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love that first teabowl with the orange interior! I'm extremely curious what the rest of the inside looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, that bowl has a beautiful flashing slip with deep rich crackles throughout the inside. Gorgeous! It is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex, I'd love to use some of the "death row" pots in my class...whatever is left would be used and enjoyed by children - just let me know - I can pickup if available or if you want to come see the school and meet me there that is great too. These are way too lovely to become shards! But I hear ya, clearing out can have many positive effects on a space, as well as the soul.

    ReplyDelete