Sunday, May 8, 2011

Georgia Becomes a Frisbee Dog


There is nothing better than a frisbee dog. I grew up with my dad's dog, Ralph joining us for each and every game of frisbee in the street in Hialeah. We'd be skipping the frisbee off the asphalt or tossing it into the grass, and Ralph would be right there, catching it like it was nothing.

I never really anticipated Georgia liking frisbee.

As part of our Mother's Day, we drove down to Painted Post to visit with Nancy's folks and her neighbors, Dennis and Marilyn Abbey. Watching Mr. Abbey's way with Georgia was flat-out-amazing. She took to his style instantly. Pretty soon, the two of them were playing frisbee. Today was mostly fetch, but I could see this quickly becoming all the leaping, jumping, catching that full-on frisbee entails... VERY soon.



At one point, Sandy was running across the back yard with Georgia in hot pursuit. Georgia took the lead and quickly cut right into the path of Sandy's legs and down they both went, in a heap and yelp. Luckily no-one was worse for wear.


While we have lots of chew toys for Georgia to play with (THANK YOU SABRA!!!)... what we lack right now is a frisbee. We had a few but for some reason, I can't find them anymore. One thing I know for sure, is that they are not on the roof (I checked). So, I need to get a new frisbee and we need to find an open field for Georgia and I to practice. Any other frisbee lovers out there? Wanna come play?





2 comments:

  1. I wish I had been there to see that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. there will be many more times to come

    ReplyDelete