Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nothin' Beats a Fresh Smellin' Puppy


Georgia had a big bath today.... complete with a hair drying and brushing out, and lots of clumps of tangles cut out. It's weed season here, and the stick-tites were matting up her fur something fierce. Even after her bath, there are still so many clumps in her fur that need some professional de-matting. I am half-expecting her to come back from the groomers shorn like a spring lamb.



One of the things I have been playing with lately is adding small bits of strobe to my "natural light" pictures. With the new wireless Pocket Wizard triggers on my speedlight and my camera, the set up and triggering is almost too easy. I am using the AC3 Zone Controller on top of a MiniTT1 and a Flex TT5 on a SB-700. I think the pricetag is outta-this-world, but the performance is top notch. Can't complain. Took 5 min to figure it all out and then WHAM! the pictures all started turning out exactly as I hoped. Probably 10-20x better results than what I was getting with the Nikon CLS system by itself. This wireless system is spot on! Anyone want to hear more about my experiences with the new gear? Let me know in the comments and I'll work up a formal review if folks are keen to know.




Georgia Rose has obviously grown. As Nancy's cousin said: "Oh My GOD! That Big dog ate your puppy!" Yep. Georgia is getting mighty big. Still a puppy though. Can't figure out which end is which sometimes. She and Ferro have reached detente... which sometimes results from hours of bopping each other on the face, again and again. No claws thankfully, but it sounds just dreadful. I'm hoping to do some more high-speed flash work with Georgia this weekend... but only if it cools off a little. Right now it is so hot and humid, the last thing I want to do is lug camera gear around outside in the sun. Here's hoping for a nice quiet rain tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment