Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Turning Grey Walls Red


As I have worked on my lighting technique over the past two years, I have tried to avoid using gels. Not sure why, but they have stayed in the box. This week I decided to go through the box of stuff that I never use, and lo and behold, there were the gels. I tossed the red one onto the holder, set up the strobe and let it rip. I was surprised by how much light transmission was cut due to the darkness of the gel. Fascinating.



This image is just to give you an idea of how saturated this red gel is. I love the juxtaposition of the blue backdrop color and the red filter. I have a few ideas I hope to try in the next few weeks.

Have you used filters and gels much? If so, which ones do you use regularly? Which ones left you cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment