Monday, January 23, 2012

Sharing... too much?


By and large, I try to keep this blog focused on my photography and all that goes into it. Lately, I have been unable to focus enough to write a coherent thought. Put simply: my family has been in turmoil.

Since the beginning of the year we have faced three fairly massive ordeals: personal bankruptcy, preparations for another surgery, and now a change in custody.

Any one of those things would be plenty for most folks. Somehow we are juggling them simultaneously.

This stress has left me with precious little grey matter to compose my thoughts at the end of the day. Too many distractions, too much white noise. Soon, this will all be past. For now, I am trying to help my daughter through an extremely rough spot in her life. I am holding my wife's hand as we get ready to let another surgeon slice into my body. And somewhere in there, I am trying to see through the fog towards a new and different future.

6 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot- it really is and I am not going to tell you that it is easy, it is not. The best thing you have going for you is your family, they are the top priority here.
    I hope that I can send you as much good energy as I can muster- we are thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toes crossed for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. I'll write more once we're over the hump here. For now, it is all I can do to remember to wake up in the morning and to go to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete