Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Few Months Apart, A Few Months Before


These shots were taken back in 2009. Just a few months before I would head into the hospital for my first surgery. Looking at Aurora's eyes in these shots, I see a different kid than the one I woke up to later that Fall. There is intensity, curiosity... but none of the fear, depression, shock and heartbreak that was so apparent only a few months after these images were made. (We'll come to those images later, maybe.)

At this point, she was still trying on teenager-hood, seeing how this new life fit her... wondering if her sarcasm and skepticism would carry her weight. I love seeing how her eyes tell the whole story. Skips right to the heart of the matter.


2 comments:

  1. To my mind that's exactly what I refer to a great blog article! Do you use this website for your personal goals solely or you still have it as a source of income?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you elaborate a little bit? What are you really wanting to know?

    ReplyDelete