Saturday, August 25, 2012

Her True Colors


Not much more than a toddler and already giving her dad the finger.... sheesh! Kidding. She didn't learn that hand gesture for at least another month or two.


This costume came from Nancy Burdick... and from the time she first put it on, until the day it no longer fit, it was her FAVORITE costume in the world!!



This is what Aurora looked like before we met Nancy. Her hair was always bedraggled and she was in chronic pain from near-constant ear infections. It didn't take long for the affection from Nancy and her folks to sink in to our life. To say that everything changed the minute I met Nancy would be a huge understatement.

The fun thing for me, is to be able to go back through these old images, as I am scanning them, and reflecting on what was happening in our life at the time. Gives me hope for things to come!

2 comments:

  1. she was and still is one cutie!
    And your Nancy, as I said before, is one of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love her licking the frosting off her fingers with her middle finger. I feel so lucky that Aurora and Nancy got on so well. Nancy is amazing. No question!

    ReplyDelete