Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's Another Word for "Precious"?


These photos were taken during the first couple of years after meeting Nancy, while visiting her folks in Corning. For the past week I have been trying to find a way to write about the influence this time with them had on Aurora... and each time I go to write, I fail to find my words. Aurora started with two sets of grandparents, but before she turned four, she had four sets of grandparents. Time with each family was so incredibly different. The thing I find most remarkable is how these photos capture a very intimate time in Aurora's life. A time when she was so vulnerable, and yet very much a kid. Open eyed and ready to explore!




 Granny, Gramps and Aurora, getting ready for their parade. Wish I could have heard this conversation!


Gramps and Aurora, sharing the sunshine in the living room. 



6 comments:

  1. AA-Adorable! Those eyes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. Wait till you see the pictures that Aurora took during her vacation (from us) at Misquamicut RI.

      Delete
  2. Do you have pictures of the farm that Gran and Gramps made for her? Its maybe the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have pics of the farm and the studio and barn and house that your folks made for Aurora. Not sure WHERE those images are... but yeah, we have a pile of those images. Still have about 5inches more photos to go through and to scan soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you lately how much I love your daughter---and how happy I am to have her in my life? Granny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gran! Feeling is very mutual. I stopped scanning images while you were all in Misquamicut and haven't gotten back into a rhythm again yet. Hoping to scan a few hundred more images soon! Do you have prints from all of these images so far?

      Delete