Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lake Ontario, Fairhaven Beach


Fall may not be the usual time when most folks visit their favorite beach, but for Nancy, Aurora and I, this is the best time of the year. For everything. The subtle palette, the gentle breeze, the total lack of crowds... just a fantastic way to spend a late Autumn day.

From a photographic standpoint, it is also ideal. When the sky is clouded over, the entire sky becomes one giant softbox. This makes for very gentle wrapping light. Unfortunately, today was not a day for portraits. Aurora shot a fair number in the town of Fairhaven, but I'll leave it to her to post those to FB and G+.


1 comment:

  1. this is the time of year I love the beach. Last time I was there in July I could not leave fast enough. The masses.... what a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete