Friday, October 26, 2012

Prelude to an Illustration


Over the past few days, we have had a run of very foggy, misty, moisty mornings. Certainly a beautiful time to be out photographing the remarkable light, but also so tempting to just crawl back under the covers. Yesterday, I knew that my time with this light was growing short. Soon, Winter will be here and what is left of the moist misty light will be replaced by sharp bright snow. 

Part of what drew me outside to photograph this scene yesterday is that I have a client who has asked me to work on a few bookcovers for him. One of his stories that I am working on the cover for, is called We All Fall Down, and it set in the dark ages. The setting is dark, foggy, very mysterious. Rather than try to recreate that in Photoshop, I figured why not try to get it in-camera right from the outset. At this point, I am not sure how we'll use the final image for his book, but the design ideas are pretty wild. Check out Gordon Bonnet's books at Amazon.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment