Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Details of the When and If


Today was my second day photographing the When and If. I don't think I could have asked for a more picturesque autumn day; blue skies, light wispy clouds, bright sunshine, blue water, light breeze... and that lovely snap thanks to a late morning frost. The frost was still melting off places as I climbed on board the When and If this morning. A few minutes in the bright sunshine and everything began to thaw.

Trying to capture the intimate details of this amazing boat is like a kid in a candy store choosing just one piece of candy to purchase. It is overwhelming. I find myself dumbstruck by the complexity of the joinery and the means by which forms grow and twist. Tonight I am looking over hundreds of images I took today. The details are completely exhausting. Knowing that so much of this will be pulled apart, rebuilt, reshaped and restored to its original condition is so hard to imagine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment