Friday, March 15, 2013

Right to the Edge


I have been trying to figure out how to get my lighting setup to give me greater depth, with ever increasing subtlety (and softness) in the light (and shadows). This is not an easy pursuit. What I want is the quality one gets from window light, preferably from north facing windows. Unfortunately, at 10pm, most north facing windows give precious little light.

My next quest is to work on finding a gentle way to create some nice fill light so that I can bring up the detail in my shadows and potentially add some rim lighting to separate the subject from the background. Always more to work on!

Your thoughts? What would you change with this lighting arrangement? I know a hot sexy model would go a long way to getting my ugly mug off your monitor... but other than that? Anyone interested in seeing my homemade scrim that I am using as my new diffuser?

No comments:

Post a Comment