Sunday, March 17, 2013

Taking The Day Off


Once in a while, Nancy and I get in the car and just drive. Today we pointed the car northwest and started out. Hadn't gotten more than a few miles out of town before the snow squalls started. I love winter lake effect snow bands... unless I am driving in them. Luckily today they lasted just a few minutes. Nothing major.  Just enough snow to give that lovely warp-speed effect in total blinding whiteness. It passed soon enough, thankfully, leaving us to travel the grey, overly salted roads up upstate NY.

We drove through the lovely backroads, taking in all the dilapidated barns, derelict homes and burned out relics of a time gone by. When we finally got out of the car in Pittsford NY, I was surprised to find this amazing barn facing us, just across the parking lot. We didn't think bringing a camera on a mighty cold day would result in me making any great images so the camera stayed home, nice and warm. Bad idea.

So I made do with the camera that seems to follow me everywhere now; my iPad. Quite possibly one of the lamest cameras around, but hey, the best camera is the one you have with you. Turned the whole day into a scouting mission for textures that we'd like to go back and spend more time on with the proper gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment