Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Who Stares Back From The Mirror?


If you had asked me a month ago, how I felt about my upcoming surgery, I think my reply would have been fairly confident, kind of non-committal. Just ready for things to be done.

If you asked me today, how I feel about my upcoming surgery... I would just wish for it to be done sooner.

When I took this photo this morning, I was able to capture my reflection in the mirror over the bathroom sink. It gave me a slightly different take on who is watching who. It made me very aware of the change in perspective that came from my previous surgical experience. (and yeah, I am shooting with an iPad. sue me.)

With that in mind, I am going to spend this next week sharing some of my coma stories, here... rather than on my coma blog. In fact, I think that given the incredibly low readership in both places, the coma blog is redundant. Time to consolidate.

Starting tomorow, we dive headfirst into the rabbit hole.

6 comments:

  1. Every time you tell one of the coma stories, I hear something new. Can't wait to hear them again. Love you. Love you always. Will wake you up with my voice when it's all over, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing your voice. It definitely helps me focus on being here. So many stories that I haven't shared....

      We'll see if I can't get a few more written down this week.

      Delete
  2. if no one but you reads this stuff - it has served it's purpose. Writers have to right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I hadn't thought about it quite that way.

      Delete
  3. tell Alice hello and the white rabbit.
    I think dreams speak for us when words can not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I were going to see Alice and the white rabbit. No, my coma experience was far less exotic. Perhaps more disturbing, but not because of its surreality, but rather because of the moral and temporal ambiguities. More on that (i hope) this week.

      Delete