Thursday, October 31, 2013

Launching The "When and If"


Yesterday everyone gathered at Cayuga Wooden Boatworks in the town of Cayuga, NY to watch the moving of the "When and If" back into the waters of Cayuga Lake. A year ago, almost to the day, I photographed this beautiful schooner coming out of the water for all manner of repairs. Now, with a new transom, new hull planking, and new decks, as well as numerous repairs, she is back in the water and under power. This weekend the "When and If" will be moved down to Watkins Glen where more work will continue on her below decks. 







2 comments:

  1. now I know how to trailer my schooner. wow. Will you be following the balance of restoration at Watkins Glen? I want to see it with the rigging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I plan to follow the restoration, hopefully all the way till she sailing down the Hudson next spring. There are a lot of questions right now, but that is the plan.

      Delete