Friday, November 22, 2013

Starting To Feel It


My friend Lee, explained to me the idea of doing lower intensity workouts in hopes of me riding me frequently. As we talked it dawned on me that while the miles weren't that great (yet)... the intensity of some of these hilly climbs were really sapping my energy in the days after the ride. Lee suggested I take shorter rides and make them more often... aiming for at least a daily ride. Today's ride was considerably shorter... less than half the distance of yesterday's ride, but I barely feel it. Makes me wonder if I could squeeze in a second ride later today before it gets dark.


6 comments:

  1. I've still got the Raleigh up in the garage rafters. One of these days ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, but which one? The one I rode, or the one you rode?

      Delete
  2. Oooooo maybe I'll go blow the dust off my bike tucked in the studio behind the slab roller! Keep going Alex!! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I am currently parking my bike (and the family's bikes) in the space where my big L&L kilns used to live. It is strangely comforting to spend time in that space again. Haven't used it for much of anything these past few years. Still smells like a kiln room.

      Delete
  3. good idea! You look great! I hope you are better and better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! I am trying to get out there even when the weather is really foul. My Christmas gift from Aurora was a pair of fenders for my bike. How's that for cool?!
      Gotta get those mounted today so I can go ride in the rain/snow that we're expecting soon.

      Delete