Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hand Of Fate Tattoo Photo Session


Last Friday and Saturday, I had the privilege to photograph a dozen of the most wonderful people and their incredible tattoos, all created by Eddie Molina at The Hand of Fate Tattoo Parlor in Ithaca. I first met Eddie and Demetra when I photographed their wedding at Robert Treman State Park back in 2010. Their guest list was a who's-who of the tattoo world's great artists. I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time. Since then I have seen many of the tattoos done by these folks end up in some of the biggest tattoo magazines.

This past weekend Eddie invited me back to photograph some of his recent work in order to update his portfolio with new images. Demetra arranged for two days of back to back shooting (and fun!). On Friday just before 11am, Nancy and I got rolling. There is so much to be said for a nice, late start to the morning. (Followed by coffee from Gimme!) By noon we had subjects ready, in front of the camera and things just rolled steadily all afternoon. Saturday, Aurora joined in the fun, allowing Nancy to head off to work. By the time we wrapped the set on Saturday evening, we had a huge pile of amazing images of some of the most intricate tattoos I have ever seen.

I feel incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do something so enjoyable. The pace was perfect for a two day shoot. I'd like to think that everyone who came walked away excited to see these images edited (and on Facebook).  If you'd like to see my favorite images from the photo session, please check out my facebook gallery: https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderSolla/media_set?set=a.10203118491421530.1073741950.1184020018&type=1

Feel free to check out The Hand Of Fate Tattoo Parlor in Ithaca.
Their website:  http://www.handoffatetattoo.com/
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/thehandoffatetattooparlor

No comments:

Post a Comment