Monday, April 21, 2014

A Quick Look at the Queensboro Bridge


This image of the Queensboro Bridge was made just before midnight after arriving on Roosevelt Island. Still full of energy from the bus ride down into the city, I went up on the roof to see what I could see. I didn't expect that the view would be so compelling. I also didn't anticipate how incredibly dark it would be. If that wasn't enough, I was testing out a new camera, the Fuji X-T1 with a Zeiss 12mm, f/2.8 lens. I rented this new kit from BorrowLenses.com. Trying to figure out a new camera, with no manual in hand, in the dark... is an interesting experience. I shot probably fifty exposures in about half an hour. It was drizzling rain...but the light was interesting. I look forward to going back again soon to see if I can improve on these images by working with longer exposures, ND filters and a tripod in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment