Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stacked Up and Getting Ready


Over the past four months of photographing around NYC, I have been collecting ideas and inspiration... all building towards putting together an installation. As I look back over hundreds of images, what I am struck by is the range of themes. I have had such a wild experience shooting through different times of day, seasons, locations... all of that has made selecting images for final prints very difficult. There is so much that surprises me in these images... so much more that I want to see again and try to see through a different lens or a different time of day... all in hopes of finding that perfect shot.

As I begin the winnowing process, I am struck by how difficult it is to say one image is so much better than another. My feeling is that as the selection process continues, it will be more about pulling together a common thread. Finding that theme that rolls through all of my images. It is an exciting prospect while being simultaneously daunting in scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment