Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Aurora's Senior Photos


I feel like I have photographed everyone else's kids in the past few months... but not my own. What do they say about a Cobbler's kids?


It was a perfect weekend afternoon with stormy grey skies overhead when Aurora and I went off to Treman State Park. The leaves were changing color and everything felt cool and damp. The trail was filled with folks out for the day, enjoying the fall foliage. Trying to avoid folks walking into our photoshoot was the hardest part of the day.


Tomorrow Aurora and I zoom off to Oregon to look at more colleges. Her applications are coming along. Financial aid applications will get worked on when we get back home next week. I have never felt time fly by so fast in my life. I know that between now and August of next year, time will be a freight train being driven off a cliff driven by wild lions... but I never expected it to feel this fast.


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Nice to see her so comfortable in front of the lens knowing you're behind it. My son started high school this year. I hear the train warming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that long ago that we were in high school. Kinda freaky really. Seeing her doing many of the same things, going through similar frustrations... and at the end of the day, solving it all in her own unique way. Blink and we'll miss it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Some of the photos we took out in OR and WA really speak volumes about what is yet to come. Images coming later this week.

      Delete